Bali has been tunified!





Just like it's sister company Airasia (SISTER company, NOT the same company), Tune Hotels.com employs a self-service online booking systmen that encourages guests to book as far in advance as possible on www.tunehotels.com to enjoy super low prices (as low as RM9.99!)

I was recently in Bali for the launch of its first 2 regional hotels outside Malaysia - Tune Hotels.com Kuta & Tune Hotels.com - Double Six, Legian.

Having had the chance of staying at the Tune Hotels.com Downtown Penang before with my little one, I pretty much knew what to expect - a comfy bed and a clean bathroom with power showers. They even come with a safe in the room to keep your passport, lappytoppies and other valuables safe! Sweet!

Their branding "a 5-star sleeping experience at a 1-star price" rings true. The high quality King Koil spring mattress beds with fluffy white pillow and pillowcases, clean bedsheets and a supposedly 250-thread count duvet (custom made for Tune Hotels requirements by bedmakers who supply 5 -star hotels) is EXTREMELY comfortable and smells yummy! (no musky funky smells...eyeww!)



I stayed at the 170-room Tune Hotels.com Double Six, Legian - which is located on Jalan Arjuna (Off Jalan Double Six). It's a mere 3 minutes walk from Legian Beach (Bintang beer anyone?)and close to the shopping, dining and clubbing areas of Jalan Legian. (If you are a thrill seeker, head down to Double Six and go bungy jumping...it's just a few minutes walk). I took my friend's rented motorbike to travel to Seminyak and Legian for my retail therapy. Such bliss!


You can also opt for Package Tours offered by Tune Hotels. (Ubud, Tanah Lot, Uluwatu and Denpasar City tours available and reasonable prices)

They keep their rates low by employing a limited service concept where conventional , frequently underutilized full service facilities like meeting rooms, swimming pools, business centres and gyms are eliminated (although I did get a nice view of the swimming pool next door from where I was staying =) ).

But they have the basics - like a cafe when you are too lazy to walk and feeling peckish,a 24-hour mini mart for basic necessities as well as the Wellbeing Spa nearby.

I was also pleasantly surprised with the hotel transfers/transport service. They were on time, gracious and most importantly...AFFORDABLE!
(about RM12 for airport transfer?)






















I was sitting at the lobby lounge at 11:08pm and there were still people checking in. I heard that it's already full house for both Kuta and Legian Tune Hotels till early January! Drats! Thought of spending New year here. Oh well. Better book earlier next time around.

Being a greenie, I was happy to learn of Tune Hotels.com's "Less Waste, More Earth" pay-as-you-use system of add-ons for air conditioning, laundered towels ( you rent the towels) and other energy consuming facilities and amenities. Tune Hotels also reduces water consumption and the flow of laundry effluents into the environment by allowing guests staying for more than one night to choose to have their bed linens changed on alternate days.

*Try to not change your bed linens at all. Stay clean. Shower with your partner to save water too!*





It's great that Tune Hotels.com has spread its hospitality to Bali. I have always loved this magical place, even though the memory of a certain phase in my life still runs deep in my heart...


I will definitely recommend this hotel and it's other chain of hotels to those who require a space-efficient room that focuses on high-quality basics: 5-star beds and powerful hot showers.

With optional air-conditioning programmed via affordably priced 'credit units' of 12 hours and 24 hours (When I checked in, they hadn't implemented this so I had "free" aircon; which I didnt use anyway as the ceiling fans were sufficient for anti-cold me) as well as 24 hour CCTV and manned security, I didn't feel like a shoe-string tourist, but more of a savvy one. . a uber chic green-conscious traveller who is constantly on the prowl for value for money ideas, products and goodies!

I hear they will be expanding its wings to India, Thailand, China, Philippines and more in hotels in Jakarta!

I'll be there -- this time, I'll bring company! (It's quite children friendly too this hotel)

Pa-pa-pa-partay everyday...pa-pa-pa partay everyday!

Merry Christmas and have a smashing 2010 everyone!

Comments