Do Something Good

I was unable to make it for the official launch of dosomething.gd -Malaysia's first-of-its-kind, volunteering network that enables Malaysians who are keen to volunteer, to find options at -- or for organisations to seek volunteers. The team asked if I would be keen to come in as one of their goodwill ambassadors to help promote this wonderful platform -- by championing a cause I believe in, and to try and rope in as many volunteers to my cause in order to garner the highest registration of volunteers in a 'celeb' face-off. The 'winner' will win a special feature about their cause and cash to be channeled to the chosen organization I've picked. Most importantly, I'm doing this to create awareness on the plight and challenges faced by Yayasan Chow Kit, which is the non-profit organization that I've chosen to work on.

During the launch today, the ambassadors were given a chance to highlight their plight - so because I was unable to make it (had prior engagements with the kids from the Kiwanis Down Syndrome Foundation -- I'm in love with a cute boy called Ahmad =), Ellyne, from Do Something Good (she's a true earth angel) -- asked if I could send a simple video in to be played during the launch. So last night, the kids and I decided to come up with this. Hubby took the pictures and we edited it together.

Help me, Do Something Good...for Yayasan Chow Kit.




Follow up on how we can help in more posts coming soon!

Love and Light,

Daphne Iking xoxo

Comments

  1. I have been recently involved as volunteer to help refugees mainly coming from Myanmar.
    Have not start my service yet but looking forward to it next year. Not getting my schedule yet
    Not much that I know before, but after do few research I find out about mass killing Roghinya community in Myanmar.
    Life is a living hell in their own motherland.
    They crosses the international frontier into another country with the better hope.

    Malaysia is currently host to one of the largest refugee and asylum seeker populations in Asia.
    I had read, China, Singapore and Thailand force them to return to their country and turn away. Google it, you gonna find it.
    It was sad to hear their story how they trap in the deep sea for days, weeks and some of them died when crossing the border.
    Some other countries would not accepting them either. Imagine after horrible experience, countries turn away and they have to return back. But to where?

    It was worrying as Malaysia keep accepting refugee, To date is 90 000.
    Please corrected if I am wrong.
    Some might complaining how cruel the government to stop accepting but bear in mind that Malaysia is a small country.
    And Rohingya have to stop thinking Malaysia as their safe heaven.
    And they should fight for their freedom in their own country. If we wanna help them, not here in Malaysia but there in Myanmar itself.

    Living as refugee in Malaysia, they might be dealing with difficulties as no visas being provided.
    Most refugee were redirect under UNHCR to obtain a refugee card which allowed them to stay in Malaysia but not allowed to work legally
    But they have to understand, since they are refugee, they should not expect more and stop complaining,

    Well, I strongly believe, education is the best way to approach for them to have a better mind set,
    (Not only them, but some fools in Malaysia. We might have higher degree/education but do we really learned)
    And we have to educated some fools how to respect these refugee and stop harassing them in the bad manner.

    The reason behind all this is racial issue among them,
    From my point of view, it is not who's right and who's wrong. If everyone win, what would happen?
    It is within ourself that we are human being, We breath the same air, we step the same soil.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment