Disheartened but not giving up

At least 7 passengers have survived the hijacking of a bus in Manila after a 10 hour ordeal with the hostage taker, Mendoza, who was shot dead. Mendoza was demanding for his job back after supposedly being sacked for extortion.

In another report, a disturbing protest by a nondenominational church in Gainesville, Florida, plans to host an "international Burn a Quran Day" on the 9th anniversary of the 9/11 attack with their (absurd) reason that the event was to remember the 9/11 victims and "to take a stand against Islam".

My previous post "to fast or not to fast" had mentioned my (vain) reasons on why I enjoyed fasting with my sister,muslim friends and partner. To detox and to lose weight. I had also mentioned a few absurd references to some organisations who wanted a Church in Shah Alam to be sued for sedition because the church was to stage a play during the Fasting month.

I twittered a few days ago about a father and his two sons who were charged for raping their disabled daughter/sister since she was 12 (she is now 19). I felt sick in the tummy.

Then there was stories about fathers going amok, hacking their wives and children and boyfriends high on drugs abusing their girfriend's 3 year old daughter.

What is this world we live in now?

My life may not be perfect, nor am I a perfect being. So when I pray to God each night, I hope he hears my prayers that the world will be a kinder place. A safer place.

Just the other day, I was listening to a talk - and HY said something quite poignant.

Think of Paradise. Aim for Paradise.

I've got a long way to go before I even feel 1/millionth worth of his acceptance, but I'm comforted knowing the conscious is there. When I feel disheartened by sad news, or threats or a comment -- I am comforted that I am able to appreciate the feelings, even if it hurts or pains me; because that means I am human, and can only strive to please HIM. Noone else but him. A journey that only I must take; and let God be the judge for HE knows all.

I pray for solace and peace around the world -- that the flood victims will get the global aid sent over. I pray that those who died in vain tonight will rest in peace and those who are suffering to be granted patience and comfort.

Going to write my firefly story now. Disheartened. But I wont give up.

Goodnight and God bless.




Comments