Every little thing they do is magic





I've made a pact to make sure I contribute a few hours to a special cause or special event, at least once a week. So last weekend, we traveled 30 minutes up north to help plant trees at the Raja Musa Swamp Peat Forest. The weather was kind, with a cool breeze to keep the spirits up. I think I personally planted at least 50 trees that day. A small feat compared to the others who have been prodding on since 8am ( I arrived at 9). Kudos to the team who initiated this. Can't wait for the next tree-planting session!

Tomorrow I will be lending a hand at KL Sentral as a volunteer for the World Refugees Day Celebration. Nothing much, but like I said - whatever I can do, once a week - makes a huge difference to my spiritual being.

The world is not such a horrible place, if we believe in being kind and thinking positive. Yes. Shoot me. I'm a romantic at heart and an idealist through and through. Forgive me for wanting the best and looking for the goodness in people, no matter how dark and grave the judgment they have had in the past.

Plant a tree today. It does wonders to the soul...and to the world.

Comments

  1. Dear Daphne..

    You are so noble & kind! Totally agree with you with wanting the best and looking for the goodness in people.

    This world would be a better place! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment