Rupert the bear

Rupert the bear came up to me and asked me if I was willing to come with him to his house in San Pedro so he can show me his paintings of humankind and honeycombs. Being a fan of Crunchie and all things sweet, I agreed and together with his wife Rachel, we prodded along crossing rivers and eating berries along the way.

I asked him why paint humankind?

He tells me because the nature of humans is so diverse. How a father can rape his own daughter yet another father is willing to give up his own life for the safe return of his offspring. How a woman can throw her baby to the river because she's not a son but another poor couple can take in orphans to their humble home and feed them even if they themselves are starving.

I take the twig Rachel passes to me with honey on the end and allow the nectar to melt in my mouth.

"Why not paint something less volatile in its nature then?"

"Because everyone has good in them somewhere. They were born into this world innocent. Everyone has a back story. I look at good. Even if it's just a small, little part of kindness in the person. Call me naive, but if that person is given a chance to love, and grow and inspired to do good, they CAN and will...somehow."

I wipe the honey from the corner of my mouth and pass the twig back to Rachel for seconds.

Rupert the bear gave me hope that what I was doing was good. If I live life being bitter, and vengeful and mean and unkind, I'll never be loved the way i deserve to be loved.

Here's to a quirky, loved weekend to everyone.




Comments

  1. i couldnt agree more. always look at the good side. let them call us innocent. afterall, we are all mankind that looking for happiness in life. love you dapne!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment