Skip to main content

what is ure star?

I don't believe in magic, but I do believe in astrology. Astrology? No. Nothing to do with PayTV network (heaven forbid!) -- just in case, here is a definition of Astrology that I found thru the net:-
(*Howstuffworks "what is astrology?"*)

Astrology is the study of the influence that distant cosmic objects, usually stars and planets, have on human lives. The position of the sun, stars, moon and planets at the time of people's birth (not their conception) is said to shape their personality, affect their romantic relationships and predict their economic fortunes, among other divinations.

What most people know about astrology is their "sign," which refers to one of the 12 constellations of the zodiac. This is a form of sun-sign astrology, which is the astrology upon which newspaper horoscopes are based. It is probably the simplest form, because nothing more than the date of someone's birthday is needed to generate a sun-sign horoscope. Many astrologers will tell you that this form of astrology is so simplistic that it produces very limited results.

To produce a more accurate reading, astrologers check to see what sign each planet was in at the time of birth. The planets and signs combine with other elements, such as houses and angles, to form a complex and often very specific profile of a subject's personality, life and future prospects.

There is no single unified theory or practice of astrology. Ancient cultures all practiced their own forms, some of which combined and evolved into today's common western astrology. Eastern cultures continue to practice their own forms of astrology: Chinese, Vedic and Tibetan astrology are among the most well-known.


Even within western astrology, there is a considerable diversity of methods and philosophies. Some divide astrology by the end result that is intended:

  • Mundane Astrology - This is used to examine world events and make predictions about national affairs, wars and economies.

  • Interrogatory Astrology - This branch can be further subdivided, but generally refers to astrology that seeks to make specific predictions or analyses about the subject's objectives or events within the subject's life.

  • Natal Astrology - This is what most people think of when they think of astrology. Natal Astrology seeks to make predictions and analyses based on the date of a person's birth. It's based on the idea that everything that happens to something is expressed at the very beginning of that thing, sometimes known as the Law of Beginnings
XOXOXO


They say, to get the most accurate results for predictions -- you have to give the astrologist not only the date of your birth, but your exact time too (if your mum can't remember; or in some cases, won't give you the time you were born because "you are Christian and you shouldn't be believing in all this" -- go and take a look at your birthcert. It SHOULD be written on your birthcert. If not, harrass mum (cause dad normally can't remember)

After playing with Mas' cute kitty Smookums (pix to be posted), we decided to go jalan2 and ended up at this Astrologer's place. She was a cheerful lady and I felt nothing spooky about her, so I decided to indulge in some light-hearted newAge remedy fun. Gave her my birthdate and time of birth. Ah...so I'm a dragon , she says.
Cool.

I found out some rather interesting stuff, some I already knew but I kept a poker face to see if she was for real or not. She was almost 100% accurate -- I say ALMOST, cause there were some parts I disagreed on. For one thing, she said after 41 or 51, I'm going to be FAT! I almost died laughing and crying at the same time. Yup. I'm going to be a Fat, Rich Chica when I grow old. Great.

Of course, I took this with a pinch of salt. (Yeah...being rich and successful, I can accept, but being fat...na-ah-ah!) Destiny but not fate is in your hand, she said. She told me to take care of my womb. I asked her about my man -- Good. Would there be another? Gleam in her eye. Was that a hesitant no? She says things happen the way they do because of the pattern in your stars. Hmmm....

Like I said, I will take this with a pinch of salt--its just like tarot. YOU ultimately can change your life. Its all up to you.

Make it happen.

Comments

  1. In terms of 'destiny & fate', I believe that God will not change the fate of someone unless he/she makes an effort to change their own fate. And God gives you what you ask. The choice is actually ours. Even in life and death, though God decides, it is your
    own doing (asking God for death) if you were to jump off a cliff!

    So.. if being successful means a good daily meal, then I won't complain about ending up fat.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was discussing with my honey about this fortune telling thing. He has a friend who is "psychic" if you may call it. So my honey asked for my date of birth and time of birth. I checked on my birth cert but to my surprise there's no time of birth written on it. My mom only remembered it was during dawn. But I guess I rather not know what my future would be. I like to just go with the flow. Nice blog Dahpne. Regards from Land Below The Wind. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment