Mingling

I went to an informal gathering of a lovely friend of mine who wanted to show off her wedding pictures (she looked beautiful by the way--every ounce of a blushing Spring bride!).

Proceeded to the 'smoking area' cause it was the warmest part of the (pent)house and attracted a good crowd hence after. It was good meeting 'new friends', some whom I have not met in ages, most friends of my older sister and of course, some whom I have heard from others.

I met Mel and true to Michelle's word- he IS a darling. With a slurry but distinguished British accent, Mel had us in fits when he started telling us stories of Hongkong and about his operation 3 months back. Such a high spirited man of eloquent positiveness-- I knew immediately that we were going to get along like a house on fire.

And Fiona was there of course, giving me such beautiful words of advice when I told her that I was not going to get married as early as we both thought -- then. Everyone held their breath when Fiona nonchantly asked me since that 'loser is out, who is in?'

With a gleam in her eye, I turned the conversation to Paris, the hostess's loveofherlife. Ahh... So who is the love of my life right now?

Home is where my life is now. And there is no other place I'd rather be...

Comments